If you have any requests about your order, you can enter your request in the 'comments about your order' box during checkout (example
requests: Shorten to 16", Gift Wrap, invoice to delivery address, etc.)
If you need to ask us something before you order, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Absolute Pearls is a UK-based online Pearl Jewellery Specialist e-tailer. We've been selling pearl jewellery online for almost 10 years. All orders are
dispatched from our UK premises.
- Every pearl jewellery purchase comes with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
- Every item comes with a 12 month warranty
- All our diamonds are certified conflict-free by our supplier.
- Our prices are fully inclusive of UK VAT and UK Delivery with no hidden extras.
- We accept orders via website (SECURE SSL), telephone (0151 625 7688) & by mail.
- We supply a UK VAT invoice/receipt, normally sent to the billing address. This can be sent to the delivery address on request
in 'comments about your order'.
- 'Service and products beyond expectations' is our driving force, and a passion for quality pearl jewellery and friendly expert
service is how we achieve it.
- Absolute Pearls is a member of the British Jewellers' Association, and we follow their codes of practice.
- We are also members of Safebuy, the UK's leading web assurance scheme -backed by the Office of Fair Trading.
- We are a UK limited company, VAT registered & Data Protection registered.
About the Pearls we sell
Our pearls are selected for virtually blemish-free to minor blemishes and we pay a premium for that level of surface quality
- None of our pearls exhibit major blemishes such as chips, cracks or other unsightly marks.
- Our pearls are also selected for very good to excellent lustre.
- We focus on these two qualities in pearls as they are the two most important.
- Some coloured 'fashion pearls' will exhibit more characteristic markings.
About our Pearl Necklaces and Bracelets
All lengths are approximate as pearl necklaces and pearl bracelets are handmade and the length normally includes all the pearls and a part of the
All strung products are strung with silk thread used by Chinese pearl professionals.
- We knot between each pearl except where noted
- Exceptions are mainly some fashion necklaces.
- Finished professionally with 'spiral' or 'French' wire.
- Most of our pearl necklaces are sold in standard 'Princess' 45cm/17.5" length
- Pearl bracelets standard length is 19cm / 7.5"
- We can shorten most silk strung pearl jewellery to a custom length at no extra cost. State required length in ' comments about your order' during checkout. (Still Eligible for returns)
- Some products are available for shortening by custom order only (no returns) where noted.
- We can custom-make longer lengths for most of our pearl necklaces and pearl bracelets. Pro-rata charges apply and eligibility for
returns is dependent on the item. Please enquire: email@example.com
Black (freshwater & saltwater) and Golden saltwater pearls
Black (freshwater & saltwater) and golden saltwater pearls are treated to give them their colour.
- White, cream, pink & lilac freshwater pearls are natural colours, other colours are treated.
- This is a normal process, used for decades, and is no different from other pearl e-tailers.
- Our Tahitian Pearl Pendants and Tahitian Pearl Earrings are naturally black in colour.
Matching to your existing jewellery
If you are trying to match to an existing piece of pearl jewellery:
- We suggest you email or call us to discuss colour matching as pearl colours vary.
- If you email us a photo, that would be helpful.
If you want to purchase an item for one occasion and get a matching item some time later:
- We suggest you buy together. This is due to colour matching which becomes difficult although not impossible 'after the fact'.
- For pearl & diamond pendants & earrings sets, if we split a set to sell one item, we often record it and we may still have it if you
revisit a month or two later.
Save money by ordering a pearl jewellery set
Regular prices of our pearl necklace and pearl pendant sets are typically priced 5-15% less than buying individually.
- It may sometimes be less expensive to buy individually - check our special offers
All items (except loose pearls) come in a handsome burgundy 'faux' leather presentation case.
- Some items are presented in polished wood type cases and noted if so.
- The style of our wood type cases is subject to availability.
- The main case in use in 2011 is a polished light brown wood type case rather than the 'walnut finish case' which is still in use mostly for
pendants, long earrings and bracelets.
Pendant Necklace Chains
All our pendants are supplied with an appropriate 925 silver or gold chain.
- To purchase without a chain, simply email or call us for the 'without chain' price.
- Most chains we supply are 'box' chain style as pictured. 925 silver & 14K gold are available in 40cm & 45cm lengths. 10K & 18K are
- Our gold & silver chains are appropriate to products and are not ultra fine or lightweight which are in abundant circulation due to high
precious metal prices.
- 18K Gold chains and some 14K chains for heavier pendants are officially assay hallmarked as they weigh over 1 gram.
Some clasps on pearl necklaces and pearl bracelets can be 'swapped' and may reduce or increase the price accordingly.
Silver & Gold Fittings
The quality and weight of our silver & gold fittings are appropriate to the quality/price of the product.
- Our earring studs & fittings are selected to the size/price/quality of the pearl item.
- All our gold clasps / fittings/chains are 9/10/14/18K solid gold or as described. Any single article/piece of gold 1.0g or over is officially
hallmarked at Sheffield Assay Office in line with UK legislation. (7.78g or over for silver)
- All silver is solid 925 silver except where noted and most is rhodium plated - we are currently rhodium plating our 925 silver for tarnish
resistance and enhanced quality.
- Higher quality pearls are supplied with appropriate gold fittings but silver fittings can usually be substituted to reduce the price.
We use Conflict-Free diamonds G/H colour and SI Clarity range in our pearl and diamond jewellery.
- We do not supply other precious stones in our pearl jewellery
- We specialise in sending pearl jewellery gifts direct to recipients
- We welcome international gift orders for delivery in UK and vice versa.
We offer free gift wrapping and also offer a 'gift wrap kit' which includes materials you can use to wrap the jewellery yourself.
- We can write a short personalised message card for you
- Please request these services 'manually' in the 'comments about your order' during checkout.
Any pearl jewellery items not in stock are noted with a due in date!
- If you order an item out of stock, we will contact you to ensure you are aware.
Product photographs and actual product representation
Our pearl jewellery photos are of actual items from our stock and are not generic images. We never use manicured, re-touched or enhanced photos.
- Photos are regularly updated but pearl colours vary especially for coloured & black pearls due to photographic processes, computer screen
reproductions and the nature of pearls.
If you see an item which you like with a different colour pearl or metal type, email your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you place an order for multiple pearl items and we think you are trying to make up a matched set, we will contact you if the items are not
reasonably matched as part of our pro-active service.
We dispatch all UK orders same day if received by 3pm on a working day.
- Orders valued at £59 or under are dispatched by Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded (80%+ on time) and orders over £59 by Royal Mail Special Delivery
(99.9% on time) next working day service.
- Postage can be upgraded here.
- Our packaging is plain with only a discreet return address reading 'Absolute PAA, PO Box' returns address. An anonymous return address can be
provided. Please request during checkout in the 'comments about your order' box.
- We deliver to addresses other than the billing address so you can send 'surprise' gifts. We undertake further security checks in this case.
- We deliver to business / place of work & BFPO addresses.
- All deliveries require a signature, so the postman cannot 'leave it in the shed'.
- Please ask for a 'leave with neighbour' or other request sticker, if needed.
We offer 30 day returns as standard and extended returns as follows:
- Purchases in October, November & December may be returned up to the end of the following January.
- Purchases may also be made 45 days in advance of Valentine's Day and Mother's Day, and can be returned up to 30 days after those
If you need extended returns, please request by email email@example.com
- We seal all earrings in a clear plastic bag for hygiene reasons. To retain eligibility for returns, the plastic bag must not be opened . If you/we are sending earrings, to another person, as a gift, please ensure you make them aware of this.
- We do not accept returns on pearl earrings which are unsealed or have been tampered with.
- Silk thread strung Pearls purchased from us enjoy 25% discount on our re-stringing rates.
- Pearls purchased from us are also eligible for preferential rates for repairs in or out of warranty.
- Last but not least, we are happy to hear from all our customers on any issue with our pearl jewellery whether in or out of warranty.
Whilst the above covers 'key points' we recommend that you read our terms, conditions and website information in detail.