While every woman knows her shoe size and dress size, surprisingly few know their ring size. At Absolute Pearls we offer a wide range of rings in a choice of popular sizes, although some of our unique pieces are usually only available in the single size stated. So how do you find out what size you are to order your pearl ring?
MEASURING YOUR RING SIZE
The easiest way is to use a ring sizer set. These can be ordered online for just a couple of pounds from the likes of Amazon, and will give you an accurate measurement of your ring size.
If you want to order a ring straight away, and don’t want to wait for a ring sizer to arrive, you can measure your ring size yourself. This can be done by either using an online ring sizer to compare the size of an existing ring that fits you, or by measuring your finger yourself using a strip of paper.
Measuring your ring size yourself is easy, though you may need a friend to help you as you’ll only have one hand to work with.
- Cut a strip of paper about half an inch wide
- Wrap this around your finger (ensuring it slides over your knuckle)
- Mark where the end meets the paper
- Measure the distance from the end to the mark in mm
- Use the table below to find your ring size
Hints and tips
- Choose the larger size if you are in between sizes
- Always measure your fingers at room temperature
- Add a size for wider rings
- Always measure with paper, as string will stretch
While measuring your ring size with the paper method will usually give a result that is close enough, when ordering high value rings we recommend that you either use a ring sizer set or have your ring size measured by a jeweller.