SERVICE & PRODUCT INFO IN A NUTSHELL
Service & product info 'in a nutshell'
If you have any requests about your order, you can enter your request in the comment fields during checkout (example requests: Shorten to 16", send invoice to delivery address, etc.)
If you need to ask us something before you order, simply call us on 0151 625 7688 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Absolute Pearls is a UK-based online Pearl Jewellery Specialist e-tailer. We've been selling pearl jewellery online since 2003. All orders are dispatched from our UK premises.
- Every pearl jewellery purchase comes with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
- Every item comes with a 12 month warranty
- All our diamonds are certified conflict-free by our supplier.
- Our prices are fully inclusive of UK VAT and UK Delivery with no hidden extras.
- We accept orders via website (SECURE SSL), telephone (0151 625 7688) & by mail.
- We supply a UK VAT invoice/receipt, normally sent to the billing address. This can be sent to the delivery address on request.
- 'Service and products beyond expectations' is our driving force, and a passion for quality pearl jewellery and friendly expert service is how we achieve it.
- Absolute Pearls is a member of The National Association of Jewellers, and we follow their codes of practice.
- We are also members of Safebuy, the UK's leading web assurance scheme -backed by the Office of Fair Trading.
- We are a UK limited company, VAT registered & Data Protection registered.
About the Pearls we sell
Our pearls are selected for virtually blemish-free to minor blemishes and we pay a premium for that level of surface quality
- None of our pearls exhibit major blemishes such as chips, cracks or other unsightly marks.
- Our pearls are also selected for very good to excellent lustre.
- We focus on these two qualities in pearls as they are the two most important.
- Some coloured 'fashion pearls' will exhibit more characteristic markings.
About our Pearl Necklaces and Bracelets
All lengths are approximate as pearl necklaces and pearl bracelets are handmade and the length normally includes all the pearls and a part of the clasp.
All strung products are strung with pearl thread used by Japanese & Chinese pearl professionals.
- We knot between each pearl except where noted
- Exceptions are mainly some fashion necklaces.
- Finished professionally with 'spiral' or 'French' wire.
- Most of our pearl necklaces are sold in standard 'Princess' 45cm/17.5" length
- Pearl bracelets standard length is 19cm / 7.5"
- We can shorten most thread strung pearl jewellery to a custom length at no extra cost. State required length in 'order notes' during checkout although this can delay dispatch. (Still Eligible for returns)
- Some products are available for shortening by custom order only (no returns) where noted.
- We can custom-make longer lengths for most of our pearl necklaces and pearl bracelets. Pro-rata charges apply and eligibility for returns is dependent on the item. Please enquire: email@example.com
Black (freshwater & saltwater) and Golden saltwater pearls
Black (freshwater & saltwater) and golden saltwater pearls are treated to give them their colour.
- White, cream, pink & lilac freshwater pearls are natural colours, other colours are treated.
- This is a normal process, used for decades, and is no different from other pearl e-tailers.
- All our Tahitian Pearls are naturally black in colour.
Matching to your existing jewellery
If you are trying to match to an existing piece of pearl jewellery:
- We suggest you email or call us to discuss colour matching as pearl colours vary.
- If you email us a photo, that would be helpful.
If you want to purchase an item for one occasion and get a matching item some time later:
- We suggest you buy together. This is due to colour matching which becomes difficult although not impossible 'after the fact'.
- For pearl & diamond pendants & earrings sets, if we split a set to sell one item, we often record it and we may still have the matching item if you revisit a month or two later.
Save money by ordering a pearl jewellery set
Regular prices of our pearl necklace and pearl pendant sets are typically priced less than buying individually.
- It may sometimes be less expensive to buy individually - check our sale page (link to Sale page)
All items come in a handsome presentation case.
- Many items are presented in polished wood style cases and noted/shown if so.
- The style of our wood type cases is subject to availability.
- The main wood style case in use is a polished light brown type.
Pendant Necklace Chains
All our pearl pendants are supplied with an appropriate 925 sterling silver or gold chain.
- To purchase without a chain, simply email or call us for the 'without chain' price.
- Our 925 Silver and 14K Gold Chains are typically 'Box/Venetian' style and 9/18K Chains are typically 'Curb' Style all in 45cm/17.5" lengths. Other chains available upon request.
- Our gold & silver chains are appropriate to products and are not ultra-fine or fine, which are in abundant circulation due to high precious metal prices.
- All Gold chains are officially assay hallmarked if they weigh over 1 gram.
Some clasps on pearl necklaces and pearl bracelets can be 'swapped' and may reduce or increase the price accordingly.
- Please enquire with your request. firstname.lastname@example.org
Silver & Gold Fittings
The quality and weight of our silver & gold fittings are appropriate to the quality/price of the product.
- Our earring studs & fittings are selected to the size/price/quality of the pearl item.
- All our gold clasps / fittings/chains are 9/14/18K solid gold or as described. Any single article/piece of gold 1.0g or over is officially hallmarked at an Assay Office in line with UK legislation. (7.78g or over for silver)
- Some products are offered in '18K Gold Vermeil' which is industry standard minimum 2.5 microns 18K Yellow Gold on 925 Sterling Silver.
- All silver is solid 925 sterling silver except where noted and most is additionally rhodium plated - we are currently rhodium plating our 925 silver for tarnish resistance and enhanced quality.
- Higher quality pearls are supplied with appropriate gold fittings.
We use Conflict-Free diamonds G/H or H/I colour and SI or I1 Clarity range in our pearl and diamond jewellery.
- We have a selection of products offering other stones such as Topaz and Cubic Zirconia.
- We specialise in sending pearl jewellery gifts direct to recipients around the world.
- We welcome international gift orders for delivery in UK and vice versa.
We offer gift wrapping for a nominal charge.
- We can write a short personalised message card for you
- Please request these services during checkout.
Any pearl jewellery items not in stock are noted with a due in date!
- If you order an item out of stock, we will contact you to ensure you are aware.
Product photographs and actual product representation
Our pearl jewellery photos are of actual items from our stock and are not generic images. We never use manicured or over-touched photos.
- Photos are regularly updated but pearl colours vary especially for coloured & black pearls due to photographic processes, computer screen reproductions and the nature of pearls.
If you see an item which you like with a different colour pearl or metal type, email your request to: email@example.com
If you place an order for multiple pearl items and we think you are trying to make up a matched set, we will contact you if the items are not reasonably matched as part of our pro-active service.
We dispatch all UK orders same day if received by 3pm on a working day.
- Orders valued at £99 or under are dispatched by Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded (80%+ on time) and orders over £99 by Royal Mail Special Delivery (99.9% on time) next working day service.
- Postage can be upgraded in the check out area.
- Our packaging is plain with only a discreet return address reading 'Absolute PAA, PO Box' returns address. An anonymous return address can be provided. Please request in the 'order comments' box during check out.
- We deliver to addresses other than the billing address so you can send 'surprise' gifts. We often undertake further security checks in this case.
- We deliver to business / place of work & BFPO addresses.
- All deliveries require a signature, so the postman cannot 'leave it in the shed'.
- Please ask for a 'leave with neighbour' or other request sticker, if needed.
- Please allow additional delivery time for the festive period November and December.
We offer 60 day returns as standard and extended returns as follows:
- Purchases from 1st October until 30th November may be cancelled up to the following 15th January and must be returned by the end of the month (31st January).
If you need extended returns, please request by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We seal all earrings in a clear plastic bag for hygiene reasons. To retain eligibility for returns, the plastic bag must not be opened . If you/we are sending earrings, to another person, as a gift, please ensure you make them aware of this.
- We do not accept returns on pierced pearl earrings which are unsealed or have been tampered with.
- Silk thread strung Pearls purchased from us enjoy 10% discount on our re-stringing rates.
- Pearls purchased from us are also eligible for preferential rates for repairs in or out of warranty.
- Last but not least, we are happy to hear from all our customers on any issue with our pearl jewellery whether in or out of warranty.
Whilst the above covers 'key points' we recommend that you read our terms, conditions and website information in detail.